Subject: Re: Need to counteract FUD from Rik Farrow's column in ;login:
To: None <netbsd-advocacy@netbsd.org>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 04/01/1999 17:14:49
  by redmail.netbsd.org with SMTP; 1 Apr 1999 22:14:53 -0000
	by acheron.middleboro.ma.us (8.9.3/8.9.3) id RAA17300
	for netbsd-advocacy@netbsd.org; Thu, 1 Apr 1999 17:14:49 -0500 (EST)
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 1999 17:14:49 -0500
From: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
To: netbsd-advocacy@netbsd.org

On Thu, Apr 01, 1999 at 12:55:04PM -0800, Neil A. Carson wrote:

> What matters is usefulness, not silly platform counts.

Hm... I might have a chance to pick up a used dual-Pentium system for
a song soon. While it would be nice to run NetBSD on it, I'm going to
run something that can use both processors. It'll probably be a Linux
system, just for kicks. (Kicks, and Quake under SVGAlib.)

Random assertions:

Linux is *very* useful. I prefer NetBSD. Platform counts are good,
especially when our main selling point is platform independence. You
all have to go see "The Matrix." Green is the most pleasing colour.

--
Mason Loring Bliss             ((  "In the drowsy dark cave of the mind dreams
mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us  ))  build  their nest  with fragments  dropped