Subject: Re: BSD reference in UserFriendly
To: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
From: Alicia da Conceicao <alicia@cyberstation.ca>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 03/22/1999 00:15:28
  by redmail.netbsd.org with SMTP; 22 Mar 1999 00:19:03 -0000
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 00:15:28 +0000
From: Alicia da Conceicao <alicia@cyberstation.ca>
To: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
CC: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@rz.uni-regensburg.de>,
        netbsd-advocacy@NetBSD.ORG

--------------3344E840E384DDABAE7C949A

> It's FreeBSD :-P
> I've written some mail, asking for some mentioning of NetBSD.
> After all, all these *BSD issues aren't worse than these of the various
> Linux distribs :-)
> Hm... That's an idea. A write-in campaign. I think I'll send in a note as
> well. <grin>
> Anyway, I think the community splits are similar. There isn't as much inter-
> distribution flaming, though, I guess, and, really, if I were plunked down
> in front of *any* BSD box and told to use it I wouldn't complain overly.
> (Well... Okay. I'd complain about SunOS.)

A couple of weeks ago or so I meet up with Illiad at the Linux World Expo
in San Jose.  I talk to him in person about mentioning NetBSD in his
excellent UserFriendly comic strip, and handed him a couple of the NetBSD
badges (gold & silver) I had made for my company.  (He like the badges.)

Hopefully the cool NetBSD badges will inspire him to put it into his strip.
At the very least, he can get the correct spelling of NetBSD from them.

Alicia.
--------------3344E840E384DDABAE7C949A

begin:          vcard
fn:             Alicia da Conceicao
n:              da Conceicao;Alicia
org:            Cyberstation Inc.
adr:            121 Richmond Street West, Suite 1104;;;Toronto;Ontario;M5H-2G4;Canada
email;internet: alicia@cyberstation.ca
title:          VP of Technology
tel;work:       416-860-9378
tel;fax:        416-860-9380