Subject: Re: Binary Emulation pages
To: David Maxwell <david@fundy.ca>
From: Hubert Feyrer <feyrer@rfhs8012.fh-regensburg.de>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 02/28/1999 15:46:36
  by redmail.netbsd.org with SMTP; 28 Feb 1999 14:46:52 -0000
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 15:46:36 +0100 (MET)
From: Hubert Feyrer <feyrer@rfhs8012.fh-regensburg.de>
To: David Maxwell <david@fundy.ca>
cc: netbsd-advocacy@NetBSD.ORG

On Sun, 28 Feb 1999, David Maxwell wrote:
> http://user.fundy.net/david

Cool!

On the first page, you may add a note on the execution formats - feel
free to take whatever you need from
http://rfhs8012.fh-regensburg.de/~feyrer/NetBSD/AFAQ/FAQ.html#SEC93 (a
bit outedated, the hp300 port has the same pagesize as other ports have
these days).

> The main page is in good shape, and I've used i386 as the prototype
> platform. (i.e. the i386 section is the most functionally complete)

On the port specific pages, you should not try to duplicate information
about what each port is (e.g. in the i386 case, just add alink to the
appropriate page describing that "i386" means).

Then, i think we (-current :) runs Solaris/intel as well, and maybe SCO?
Maybe you can check... :>

> I wanted to get some comments on style/structure before doing the rote
> work of rolling the current i386 format onto the other ports.

The intro page is good. I just wonder if the information about which port
supports emulation of which OS (and maybe to which extend!) may be placed
elsewhere, maybe on http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/*/index.html.

 - Hubert

--
Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@rz.uni-regensburg.de>