Subject: What are some "high impact" items?
To: None <netbsd-advocacy@netbsd.org>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 02/22/1999 17:16:35
  by redmail.netbsd.org with SMTP; 22 Feb 1999 22:16:54 -0000
  by mailhost.whirlpool.com with SMTP; 22 Feb 1999 22:16:36 -0000
From: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
To: netbsd-advocacy@netbsd.org
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 17:16:35 -0500 (EST)

I would like to poll for suggestions as to what items/projects/features
would be considered "high impact" for general NetBSD awareness.  I would
like to have a list of things that could/should be done to help increase
the NetBSD awareness of the general PC user.  I can list a couple that
might be of benefit, but would like to seem a little brainstorming about
this.

Some items:
	Advertising. (ok, no SuperBowl ads, but..)
		Presumably via Web Ads or some printed magazines.

	Press. NetBSD needs more reviewer/columnist attention.
		ZDTV demonstrated Linux(*) on one of their shows.
		NetBSD needs this kind of exposure, even in passing.

	Sought after features. (We're talking SMP here? Adaptec 789x!)
		Nothing like a snazzy new SCSI that doesn't work, or
		having a "dead" CPU on my dual processor board..

This is just a short list, now I'd like to hear what other people think
are high impact items.  Perhaps a little priority ranking also.
In example, would adding SMP bring in more users than adding AHA-789x
support?  Or would running an AD be better, or giving away CDs at a
tradeshow, or whatever?

(*) Sadly one of their demos didn't work out because they trashed
their filesystem just before the show.

-Andrew
Andrew Gillham                            | This space left blank
gillham@whirlpool.com                     | inadvertently.