Subject: Re: Community Issues ** LONG **
To: Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>
From: None <mcmahill@mtl.mit.edu>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 02/22/1999 09:09:33
  by redmail.netbsd.org with SMTP; 22 Feb 1999 14:09:36 -0000
	by mtl.mit.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id JAA13047;
	Mon, 22 Feb 1999 09:09:33 -0500 (EST)
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 09:09:33 -0500 (EST)
From: mcmahill@mtl.mit.edu
To: Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>
cc: current-users@netbsd.org, netbsd-users@netbsd.org,
        netbsd-advocacy@netbsd.org

On 21 Feb 1999, Michael Graff wrote:

> greywolf@starwolf.com (Trouble Free RecepPFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF) writes:
>

> I also don't think NetBSD has much of a chance without someone taking
> the PR lead and getting NetBSD to be more widely known.  It is very
> embarassing to see "works on FreeBSD and linux, and probably OpenBSD"
> but NO mention of NetBSD.

One thing that can be done (this was suggested a while back by someone,
but I don't recall who) is anytime one of us creates a package is to ask
the author of the program to create a link from the homepage of their
software to the NetBSD package.  As far as commercial software, I don't
have any great suggestions.

-Dan