Subject: Re: NetBSD/Linux 'distribution'
To: Matthew Orgass <darkstar@pgh.net>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 02/20/1999 23:27:26
  by redmail.netbsd.org with SMTP; 21 Feb 1999 04:27:31 -0000
	by acheron.middleboro.ma.us (8.9.3/8.9.3) id XAA09508;
	Sat, 20 Feb 1999 23:27:26 -0500 (EST)
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 1999 23:27:26 -0500
From: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
To: Matthew Orgass <darkstar@pgh.net>
Cc: davidw@debian.org, netbsd-advocacy@NetBSD.ORG

On Sat, Feb 20, 1999 at 09:52:25PM -0500, Matthew Orgass wrote:

> Of course, in that case why not make your userland into a NetBSD
> package?  That would probably generate some interest in the NetBSD
> community and is almost certainly the only chance you have of getting any
> help.

"NetBSD: Come In and Be Loved"

<pedantic>

FWIW, I'm happy that folks are thinking about this at all, and I'm also
happy that if it's a GNU/Linux distribution that's looking at us, that it's
Debian. That doesn't mean that I think it's necessary, but just about anything
that gets people saying "NetBSD" is a good thing. Conversely, anything that
gets people saying "Wow, what a bunch of technocratic snobs - I'm dag-
nabbited if I'll ever try an OS from *them*" could potentially be a bad
thing.

</pedantic>

<whimsical>

Maybe those Debian folks who decide to do the porting work will run a full-
fledged NetBSD system first, to get a feel for what they're porting... Maybe
they'll like it a bit... Maybe they'll think it's a good thing, and decide
that they really don't need to be running anything else... Maybe they'll tell
their friends...

</whimsical>

--
Mason Loring Bliss             ((  "In the drowsy dark cave of the mind dreams
mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us  ))  build  their nest  with fragments  dropped