Subject: Re: cvsup (was: Sun jumping on Linux bandwagon)
To: None <asmodai@wxs.nl>
From: None <Havard.Eidnes@runit.sintef.no>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 01/04/1999 18:01:06
  by homeworld.redbacknetworks.com with SMTP; 4 Jan 1999 17:33:11 -0000
	by snylteveps.runit.sintef.no (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id SAA00506;
	Mon, 4 Jan 1999 18:01:07 +0100 (MET)
To: asmodai@wxs.nl
Cc: mirian@xensei.com, perry@piermont.com, netbsd-advocacy@NetBSD.ORG,
        toddpw@best.com
From: Havard.Eidnes@runit.sintef.no
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 1999 18:01:06 +0100

> As an example, see how cvsup has opened syncing sources for
> 'the masses'. It's an easy to use tool once ye have set it up
> properly.

Well, personally, I think sup is fairly easy to use.

Cvsup, while it's probably better than sup in more ways than one,
is as far as I know a bit difficult for NetBSD to adopt, since it
is at best difficult to build on a few of the platforms NetBSD
supports due to it being written in Modula-3.

However, I seem to remember some improvements coming our way for
making the NetBSD sources more accessible.  Stay tuned.

- H=E5vard