Subject: NetBSD BEZELS README
To: None <netbsd-advocacy@netbsd.org>
From: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 12/22/1998 03:48:16
  by homeworld.redbacknetworks.com with SMTP; 22 Dec 1998 11:49:43 -0000
	by shell17.ba.best.com (8.9.1/8.9.0/best.sh) id DAA16475
	for netbsd-advocacy@netbsd.org; Tue, 22 Dec 1998 03:48:17 -0800 (PST)
From: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
To: netbsd-advocacy@netbsd.org
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 03:48:16 -0800 (PST)

One more email today:

	a dozen or so

The new total is "about 378".

THERE IS MORE THAN ONE POTENTIAL BEZEL PROJECT.

So far at least two people have stated a desire to work on bezels in January.
If there are any more, I would appreciate it if those people would email me.

I am stuck between (a) volunteers with more seniority whose toes could get
stepped on by competing bezel projects, and (b) everyone who's seen these
bezel emails and presumes (understandably) that I am in charge of it all.

I am very willing to coordinate this, but I also do not want to wrest power
away from the volunteers who've already put their feet forward and expressed
a desire to make this happen. At the same time, I do not want to keep giving
vaporware-like answers to everyone who asks me if I have pricing information
yet. This is a no-win situation for me and I will not tolerate it.

Between now & christmas I will put up a web site devoted to information
sharing about the bezel project. I will also be contacting everyone to
obtain permission to put their quantity/totalcost preferences and email
address on the web site. Anything I learn that might be of potential help
to bezel projects will go up on this site as well.

Please understand that I really do not want to be sucked into a competing
bezel project simply because I am sitting on the only known list of interested
people. I was just trying to get the ball rolling so I could hand it off.

I will only take over if January 17th rolls around and I still don't see
any solid progress on a Bezel design that I myself would buy.

Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ best.com