Subject: tree access
To: None <netbsd-advocacy@netbsd.org>
From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 12/19/1998 16:59:58
  by homeworld.redbacknetworks.com with SMTP; 19 Dec 1998 22:00:48 -0000
	id 02B8314B; Sat, 19 Dec 1998 16:59:58 -0500 (EST)
To: netbsd-advocacy@netbsd.org
From: "Perry E. Metzger" <perry@piermont.com>
Date: 19 Dec 1998 16:59:58 -0500

As heartwarming as all the recent "I volunteer" statements have been,
the majority of people who have successfully made use of developer
access have been people who first demonstrated strong ability to
contribute beforehand. The bulk of people who've volunteered without a
track record haven't made it anywhere.

I would suggest that those who want to pitch in can do so without even
having tree access -- just find things you would like fixed, fix them
and submit patches. PRs with good patches in them almost always get
fixed immediately. If you can show that you really intend to
contribute and have requisite ability, you'll likely get tapped.

Perry