Subject: Re: Sun jumping on Linux bandwagon
To: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
From: Mirian Crzig Lennox <mirian@xensei.com>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 12/18/1998 23:46:17
  by homeworld.redbacknetworks.com with SMTP; 19 Dec 1998 04:48:22 -0000
          by trantor.cosmic.com (8.8.7/8.8.4)
	  id XAA26156; Fri, 18 Dec 1998 23:46:19 -0500
From: Mirian Crzig Lennox <mirian@xensei.com>
To: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
Cc: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>, perry@piermont.com,
        netbsd-advocacy@NetBSD.ORG
Date: 18 Dec 1998 23:46:17 -0500

Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us> writes:

> > > I've brought on five developers thus far explicitly to work on the PR
> > > database, and none have panned out. People just hate working on this.
> > > I'll keep trying, though.
> >
> > How about giving Mason Loring Bliss the necessary access and trying him out?
> >
> > He _did_ volunteer to do PR work last week. I can't believe he "didn't work
> > out" if he never even started on it.
>
> 4) I'd be perfectly happy doing PR cleaning. My interest is in being a part
> of the project in a tangible way. I want to point to little bits of NetBSD
> and be able to say "I did that!" Working through PRs is a means to that end,
> and it's something that is both useful to the project and a workable way to
> forceably become more familiar with NetBSD's innards.

I would also volunteer to do this sort of thing as well.  Looking in
the PR database, I see tons of open PRs which are essentially
uninteresting busywork (some are even just documentation errors) and
which haven't been gotten to (I assume) because the people with access
are tied up in more pressing problems requiring the experience of a
guru.  I'd be happy to devote some time to blowing away some of those,
as a means of getting a footing in the NetBSD effort.

--
Mirian Crzig Lennox                                Systems Anarchist
          "There's a New World Order coming every minute.