Subject: Re: Something I noticed on the Yahoo site
To: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
From: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 12/09/1998 22:49:12
  by homeworld.cygnus.com with SMTP; 10 Dec 1998 05:49:17 -0000
	by beer.org (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id WAA23043;
	Wed, 9 Dec 1998 22:49:14 -0700 (MST)
To: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
Cc: netbsd-advocacy@netbsd.org
From: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
Date: Wed, 09 Dec 1998 22:49:12 -0700

Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>  wrote:
 > Hm. What do booths cost? I may be wrong, but I think that OpenBSD might have
 > been granted a free booth. We might have asked, I guess.

Booths are a variable cost depending on size and whether you want a
table/electricity, piece of curtain, etc... think anywhere from $2k to
$4k...

I have dealt with Usenix and I'm fairly certain that they do indeed
charge everyone for booth space, in general...

 > > 	b) There was nothing to sell at the booth.
 >
 > CDs? Anyway, having folks see a NetBSD booth would have if nothing else
 > been nicely promotional.

Oh? you have CD's?

The point I'm trying to make is that Charles and I have put in a huge
amount of work in trying to do what little marketing we've done.  All
I see on the advocacy list is a lot of people telling everyone else
what should be done, and how disappointed they are that nothing was
done, but no one actually doing anything.