Subject: Re: Merging Net/Free/Open-BSD together against Linux
To: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
From: ADRIAN Filipi-Martin <adrian@ubergeeks.com>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 11/29/1998 23:52:21
  by homeworld.cygnus.com with SMTP; 30 Nov 1998 04:52:24 -0000
	by lorax.ubergeeks.com (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id XAA01712;
	Sun, 29 Nov 1998 23:52:21 -0500 (EST)
	(envelope-from adrian@lorax.ubergeeks.com)
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 1998 23:52:21 -0500 (EST)
From: ADRIAN Filipi-Martin <adrian@ubergeeks.com>
To: "Perry E. Metzger" <perry@piermont.com>
cc: netbsd-advocacy@netbsd.org

On Sun, 29 Nov 1998, Perry E. Metzger wrote:

> ADRIAN Filipi-Martin writes:
> > 	BTW, any opinion on the matter?  I have only recieved messages
> > from people interested in the idea from the other camps.
>
> The reason the BSDs split in the first place is because the people in
> the various camps could not get along with each other well. All you
> will succeed in doing is producing a fourth BSD.
>
> Perry

	True, there are strong personalities in each group.  I'm not
trying to merge them either.  It ain't gonna happen any time soon.

	I also tend to think that most of what gets people heated up and
annoyed with one another tends to be kernel issues.  I don't think the
majority of the *BSD userland code is, or ever will be, contraversial.
This is the fraction that I'm aiming at.

	Someone has suggested privately this thread is off topic.  So
unless someone has something to add, I'm ready to let the thread drop.

cheers,

	Adrian
--
[ adrian@ubergeeks.com -- Ubergeeks Consulting -- http://www.ubergeeks.com/ ]