Subject: Re: Merging Net/Free/Open-BSD together against Linux
To: Open Systems Inc. <opsys@open-systems.net>
From: Jordan K. Hubbard <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 11/26/1998 16:41:26
  by homeworld.cygnus.com with SMTP; 27 Nov 1998 00:40:16 -0000
	by zippy.cdrom.com (8.9.1/8.9.1) with ESMTP id QAA03840;
	Thu, 26 Nov 1998 16:41:27 -0800 (PST)
To: "Open Systems Inc." <opsys@open-systems.net>
cc: Artur Grabowski <art@stacken.kth.se>,
        Adrian Filipi-Martin <adrian@ubergeeks.com>,
        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>,
        Alicia da Conceicao <alicia@internetpaper.com>,
        netbsd-advocacy@NetBSD.ORG,
        FreeBSD advocacy list <FreeBSD-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG>,
        advocacy@openbsd.org
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 1998 16:41:26 -0800
From: "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>

> 	Of course its work. I've heard before from FreeBSD people that behind
> the scenes face to face the netbsd and freebsd people can talk and share
> ideas but once they leave the room and resort to email it just turns into
> flames and disputes. But I could be mis-informed.

I think you're misinformed.  As far as I can recall, the last 2 or 3
initiatives have not dissolved in acromony of any sort.  That would
have represented a far greater investment of energy than was actually
expended. :)

As I said in my earlier posting on this toic, the plain and simple
fact of the matter is that nobody has any time to put into something
like this, just judging by past results and current observations to
the effect that everyone seems to be just barely keeping their heads
above water on smaller scale projects a lot closer to home.  Unless
someone has something more substantive than just another new rehash of
old ideas to bring to the table, it's probably a waste of time to even
debate it (yet again).

- Jordan