Subject: Re: Testimonials
To: Calvin Vette (IT- Borders Online) <CVETTE@borders.com>
From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 10/16/1998 13:43:18
  by homeworld.cygnus.com with SMTP; 16 Oct 1998 17:44:56 -0000
To: "Calvin Vette (IT- Borders Online)" <CVETTE@borders.com>
cc: "'netbsd-advocacy@NetBSD.ORG'" <netbsd-advocacy@NetBSD.ORG>,
        "'Curt Sampson'" <cjs@portal.ca>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 1998 13:43:18 -0400
From: "Perry E. Metzger" <perry@piermont.com>

"Calvin Vette (IT- Borders Online)" writes:
> I think we'd be shooting ourselve in the foot to dis' Linux. Although it's
> my least favorite of the three major free OSes, we've contributed a lot back
> and forth with each other (all three camps). Their prosperity is ours, and
> vice-versa.

I agree. We wouldn't have lots of good software were it not for
them. I'm happy having them around blazing the trail. The enemy is
outside of Seattle -- it isn't the penguin people.

We might not like running their stuff, but every person they convert
from windows is a person who is much easier to get using NetBSD, among
other things.

Perry