Subject: RE: Testimonials
To: 'netbsd-advocacy@NetBSD.ORG' <netbsd-advocacy@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Calvin Vette (IT- Borders Online) <CVETTE@borders.com>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 10/15/1998 12:27:05
  by homeworld.cygnus.com with SMTP; 15 Oct 1998 16:31:18 -0000
	id <47W5H5V4>; Thu, 15 Oct 1998 12:27:06 -0400
From: "Calvin Vette (IT- Borders Online)" <CVETTE@borders.com>
To: "'netbsd-advocacy@NetBSD.ORG'" <netbsd-advocacy@NetBSD.ORG>
Cc: 'Curt Sampson' <cjs@portal.ca>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 12:27:05 -0400

I think we'd be shooting ourselve in the foot to dis' Linux. Although it's
my least favorite of the three major free OSes, we've contributed a lot back
and forth with each other (all three camps). Their prosperity is ours, and
vice-versa.

Im not saying that means we shouldn't compete with Linux, just not at their
expense. We all know NetBSD is the superior OS; that doesn't make Linux a
trashcan OS. There's too little space left in the trashcan by M$ OSes. And
HPUX. And OpenVMS. And Digital Unix. And...

:-)