Subject: Re: Logos...
To: None <netbsd-advocacy@netbsd.org>
From: Soren S. Jorvang <soren@t.dk>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 09/28/1998 11:53:34
  by homeworld.cygnus.com with SMTP; 28 Sep 1998 09:53:37 -0000
	by gnyf.t.dk (8.9.1/8.9.1) id LAA12659
	for netbsd-advocacy@netbsd.org; Mon, 28 Sep 1998 11:53:34 +0200 (CEST)
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1998 11:53:34 +0200
From: "Soren S. Jorvang" <soren@t.dk>
To: netbsd-advocacy@netbsd.org

On Mon, Sep 28, 1998 at 12:43:43AM -0300, David Maxwell wrote:
> > True, but what I would like is very much something useful to
> > and likeable by all *BSD (and to a lesser extent, n.mBSD) users.
> >
> > Of course, new artwork could do that as well; I would just
> > prefer not to use something heavily NetBSD-specific such as
> > a with a NetBSD logo on it.
(a logoplate) with a NetBSD logo on it.

> Sorry, I can't parse around that typo. Do you mean not have NetBSD on
> the 'mascot' but simply under/beside it? That's reasonable enough to
> me.

What I was thinking of was these logoplates, on which I would
prefer to see an image and/or text common to all BSDs.

Of course, if someone (not me) were to draw a new daemon or
similar, that could (also) be used as a NetBSD logo by
adding the text 'NetBSD' or similar.

I quite like the way the Linux people handle the logo issue.

They have the penguin which is very "standardized", and then
all the sub-groups add their own extras to the picture.

Just add a pitckfork :-) :-)

--
Soren