Subject: Re: volunteers, anyone?
To: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@netbsd.org>
From: Soren S. Jorvang <soren@t.dk>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 09/27/1998 20:56:51
  by homeworld.cygnus.com with SMTP; 27 Sep 1998 18:57:00 -0000
	by gnyf.t.dk (8.9.1/8.9.1) id UAA05530;
	Sun, 27 Sep 1998 20:56:52 +0200 (CEST)
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 1998 20:56:51 +0200
From: "Soren S. Jorvang" <soren@t.dk>
To: "Chris G. Demetriou" <cgd@netbsd.org>
Cc: netbsd-advocacy@netbsd.org

On Sun, Sep 27, 1998 at 11:41:33AM -0700, Chris G. Demetriou wrote:
> "Soren S. Jorvang" <soren@t.dk> writes:
> > > #  Kirk charges royalties for runs larger then 75 items.
> > >
> > > Hrmm.. royalties for "selling daemon images" or "printing daemon images"?
> >
> > He didn't seem to me to be distinguishing much between the two.
>
> Obviously, he can only do this for art that he owns.  If we one day
> manage to get custom art (e.g. the daemons on the web page), that
> becomes a non-issue.

True, but what I would like is very much something useful to
and likeable by all *BSD (and to a lesser extent, n.mBSD) users.

Of course, new artwork could do that as well; I would just
prefer not to use something heavily NetBSD-specific such as
a with a NetBSD logo on it.

The idea of port-specific labels is fun (although the
1" by 1" ones are probably most relevant for i386), but
for this, I think huge numbers is the key.

--
Soren