Subject: Re: volunteers, anyone?
To: None <perry@piermont.com, netbsd-advocacy@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Soren S. Jorvang <soren@t.dk>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 09/25/1998 00:25:30
  by homeworld.cygnus.com with SMTP; 24 Sep 1998 22:25:41 -0000
	by gnyf.t.dk (8.9.1/8.9.1) id AAA29869;
	Fri, 25 Sep 1998 00:25:30 +0200 (CEST)
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 00:25:30 +0200
From: "Soren S. Jorvang" <soren@t.dk>
To: perry@piermont.com, netbsd-advocacy@NetBSD.ORG

On Thu, Sep 24, 1998 at 11:18:10AM -0400, Perry E. Metzger wrote:

> Okay. It appears that we have a small problem, which is that people
> are good at coming up with good suggestions but that we don't yet have
> the "self organizing" spirit down pat.
>
> The idea of producing NetBSD machine labels has come up. Ross gave out
> enough information that someone out there should be able to pick up
> this idea and run with it. I personally don't have the time, so
> someone is going to have to volunteer.
>
> Who is willing to volunteer to get the "machine bezel" idea off the ground?

I don't know about 'volunteering', but I do intend to have a number
of the little nameplates with daemons on made.

A few days ago I find a company in these parts that does this sort of
thing ( http://skomoe-skilte.dk/ ) at reasonable prices.

However:

I don't want to be in the business of selling things, so I intend
to just give these away.

Kirk charges royalties for runs larger then 75 items.

I don't off-hand want to spend a large sum on this.

Still, at least the cleaned up image and possibly my experiences
to follow might be useful for others considering this.

We'll see.

--
Soren