Subject: Re: X11R6.4
To: Charles M. Hannum <root@ihack.net>
From: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 09/18/1998 23:30:48
  by homeworld.cygnus.com with SMTP; 19 Sep 1998 06:30:56 -0000
	by polaris.garbled.net (8.8.8/8.8.8) id XAA04705;
	Fri, 18 Sep 1998 23:30:48 -0700 (MST)
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 1998 23:30:48 -0700 (MST)
From: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
To: "Charles M. Hannum" <root@ihack.net>
Cc: netbsd-advocacy@netbsd.org, "Perry E. Metzger" <perry@piermont.com>

On 19-Sep-98 Charles M. Hannum spoke unto us all:
#  That's pretty bogus.  R6.4 contains quite a few improvements (in
#  particular, a smaller memory footprint and better colormap handling)
#  that would be very useful.

Thier lisc. prevents us from shipping it in the OS, and using it like we
normally would.. it does not however prevent us from getting a little PR from
passing thier build tests, and maybe even shipping r6.4 as a pkg!

It would be really nice if we could stay abreast of these things and contact
people who are making announcements like this and get our name in on it!

---
Tim Rightnour  -  root@garbled.net
Free Multi-Platform Operating System: http://www.netbsd.org
Get your official NetBSD-1.3.2 CDROM set today! http://www.netbsd.com/