Subject: Re: a non-original idea.
To: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
From: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 09/16/1998 13:19:32
  by homeworld.cygnus.com with SMTP; 16 Sep 1998 20:19:42 -0000
	by polaris.garbled.net (8.8.8/8.8.8) id NAA23795;
	Wed, 16 Sep 1998 13:19:33 -0700 (MST)
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 13:19:32 -0700 (MST)
From: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
To: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
Cc: netbsd-advocacy@NetBSD.ORG

On 16-Sep-98 Curt Sampson spoke unto us all:
#  What would be really good for me in this situation would be a
#  `Linux-killer' CD-ROM. This would have the i386 distribution, source
#  code, pkgsrc, and a whole whack of precompiled packages on it.
#  Anything else that fits, that's fine, but it's more important to
#  have all the precompiled packages there than to have things like
#  the pmax port available.

Which is perfectly reasonable for yourself.. but We dont want to get the linux
image that "yes we support the other arches, but we are mostly i386-centric"  I
like the current method of doing the CDs..  I think the big thing that freebsd
and linux have over us, are "Books"  Everyone loves books..  Unfortunately, not
everyone can write them..

---
Tim Rightnour  -  root@garbled.net
Free Multi-Platform Operating System: http://www.netbsd.org