Subject: Re: Some ideas for advocacy
To: Neil A. Carson <neil@causality.com>
From: Charles M. Hannum <root@ihack.net>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 09/16/1998 14:36:30
  by homeworld.cygnus.com with SMTP; 16 Sep 1998 18:36:33 -0000
	by zygorthian-space-raiders.mit.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) id OAA08667;
	Wed, 16 Sep 1998 14:36:30 -0400 (EDT)
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 14:36:30 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Charles M. Hannum" <root@ihack.net>
To: "Neil A. Carson" <neil@causality.com>
Cc: netbsd-advocacy <netbsd-advocacy@NetBSD.ORG>

> To me, lots of people jumping up and down on clapped out computers
> running NetBSD isn't a good image to the uninitiated---it gives the
> impression of frustration, stuff not working etc.

`I suppose that's one way to look at it.'

When I originally proposed that concept, I didn't really envision
having a pile of computers falling apart underneath -- but I didn't
get any say about the actual drawing.

I had floated around a bunch of different design ideas 4-5 years ago.
I will try to dig them up at some point and repost them here.