Subject: Re: Some ideas for advocacy
To: Charles M. Hannum <root@ihack.net>
From: Marc Baudoin <babafou@babafou.eu.org>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 09/16/1998 11:04:10
  by homeworld.cygnus.com with SMTP; 16 Sep 1998 09:04:19 -0000
	by agm-ita.agm-ita.ensta.fr (8.9.1/8.9.1) id LAA27962;
	Wed, 16 Sep 1998 11:04:10 +0200 (CEST)
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 11:04:10 +0200
From: Marc Baudoin <babafou@babafou.eu.org>
To: "Charles M. Hannum" <root@ihack.net>,
        Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
Cc: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>,
        netbsd-advocacy <netbsd-advocacy@NetBSD.ORG>

Charles M. Hannum <root@ihack.net> écrit :

> However, I'm not sure how this applies to France.  Are you even
> permitted to have crypto code, or would it require a special release
> with no crypto at all?  I, for one, have no plans to do the latter.

Sorry, but the country of human rights have very restrictive laws
about cryptography.  I'm afraid all we would be able to get is a CD
with no crypto code at all (except the crypt() code used for
password encryption, which is supposed to be OK).

Anyway, we don't have crypto in France but we have good cheese :-)