Subject: Re: Some ideas for advocacy
To: Scott Ellis <scotte@intrepid.warped.com>
From: David Maxwell <david@www.fundy.ca>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 09/15/1998 22:09:36
  by homeworld.cygnus.com with SMTP; 16 Sep 1998 01:10:19 -0000
	via sendmail with stdio
	id <m0zJ66C-0005aZC@smtp.fundy.net>
	for netbsd-advocacy@NetBSD.ORG; Tue, 15 Sep 1998 22:09:36 -0300 (ADT)
	(Smail-3.2.0.101 1997-Dec-17 #4 built 1998-May-27)
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 22:09:36 -0300
From: David Maxwell <david@www.fundy.ca>
To: Scott Ellis <scotte@intrepid.warped.com>, root@garbled.net,
	netbsd-advocacy@NetBSD.ORG

On Tue, Sep 15, 1998 at 04:25:30PM -0700, Scott Ellis wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 15, 1998 at 12:58:48PM -0700, Tim Rightnour wrote:
> > TShirts:
> > Everybody loves T-Shirts..  We need artwork for one though..  Anyone with
> > clue in the printing industry speak up!
>
> Awhile back (2 years ago?) somebody on the NetBSD lists had "NetBSD World Tour"
> shirts made up.  They were very cool (I bought one!), and I don't beleive they

I bought two, and ended up giving one away to another NetBSDer I know. One thing
to consider might be something nicer than a T-Shirt. (Not that T-shirts aren't
nice) Many hardware/software vendors are doing the Golf shirt or Jean shirt thing
and I wouldn't mind paying (I know T-shirts would be cheaper) for something that
I can wear to work other than Fridays...

It might also help distinguish NetBSD from the amateur hacker image free OSs
sometimes are labeled with.

--
David Maxwell, david@vex.net|david@maxwell.net --> Mastery of UNIX, like
mastery of language, offers real freedom. The price of freedom is always dear,