Subject: Re: welcome...
To: None <netbsd-advocacy@netbsd.org>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@netbsd.org>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 09/14/1998 16:54:11
To: netbsd-advocacy@netbsd.org
From: cgd@netbsd.org (Chris G. Demetriou)
Date: 14 Sep 1998 16:54:11 -0700

"Perry E. Metzger" <perry@piermont.com> writes:
> I envision this list serving two purposes: one, to allow people (like
> Herb) working on advocacy related projects to solicit help, and two,
> to allow members of the community a forum to to come up with and hash
> out new ideas for NetBSD advocacy.

I think there's a third purpose (related to the second):

To allow members of the community who spot but can't act on
"low-priority" PR opportunities to point them out to others, who might
be interested in taking a crack at them.

By "low priority" opportunities, I mean ones that don't have to be
acted on immediately to reap some benefit.  General, non-immediate,
consciousness-raising things.

As moderator of the comp.unix.bsd.netbsd.announce newsgroup, I see
things like this occasionally.  Unfortunately, I almost never have
time*interest to act on them.

cgd
Plug: Get your official NetBSD-1.3.2 CDROM set today! http://www.netbsd.com/