Subject: Re: ADB devices
To: Russell D Albright <ralbrig@hubcap.clemson.edu>
From: David Johnston <DAVIDJ@info.wh.su.edu.au>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 08/29/1995 13:25:24
> Has anyone had any success with non-apple mice?
> Unfortunately, I have the logitech mouseman and I must
> come up with another mouse. In particular, I was wondering
> if anyone has tried any of the cheap single button mice that
> are available mail order for $20-$30.

Are you giving up on the Logitech Mouseman because it doesn't work?
I ask the question because I've been using that mouse with my IIcx
for a while now and have had no problems at all with it. What's more,
with the kernel ADB mods that Ken Nakata wrote a few months ago, all
three buttons work very well under X - which is great! I'd never
willingly go back to a single button mouse.

One possible problem - I'm running a current kernel, so I can't say
if the mouse works with kernels earlier than about june this year.

        david

David Johnston
DAVIDJ@info.wh.su.edu.au