Subject: Re: PPP on NetBSD/mac68k -- update
To: noud de brouwer <noud@knot.nl>
From: Dameon D. Welch <dwelch@scudc.scu.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 08/26/1995 12:51:24
On Sat Aug 26 00:57:38 1995, noud de brouwer wrote:

>>Once I got version 1.9.4 of ncurses, ncftp worked wonderfully in the
>>new curses mode under netbsd. ;-)
>
>Dameon, i don't know curses, just looked it up in man, but are ncurses and
>ncftp helpers for my ppp problem, that is i can't get files bigger than 10
>to 80Kb over the ppp-link?

I've never had *that* problem myself. I ftp'ed the X11R6 distribution
over my ppp link (all 8 megs of it) and it seemed to work okay. It
certainly couldn't hurt to try and use ncftp.

>>everyone use ncurses.  If I have time, I'll try to compile ncftp 2.1
>>tonight and post the binaries somewhere accessible.
>
>If so i'd like to use them immediatly when they become available,

ncftp can be obtained from ftp.cs.unl.edu in /pub/ncftp
ncurses can be obtained from ftp.gnu.ai.mit.edu in /pub/gnu

Both programs configure and make "out of the box". Compile and install
ncurses first so that ncftp will notice them and take advantage of
them.

--
< Dameon D. Welch (dwelch@uplink.com, http://www.uplink.com/uplink/ ) >
     "I'd be the anti-christ, but I don't like the hours"