Subject: Re: panic: swapinit
To: Valtteri Vuorikoski <vuori@sci.fi>
From: Ken Nakata <kenn@romulus.rutgers.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 08/26/1995 14:57:52
>  For since July 23rd (exclusive) to today (Aug 26), I've been getting
> panic: swapinit after the pram time has been read and the following
> lines have been missing from the usual boot sequence:

I'm getting the same thing with my kernels built from supped source
as of Aug. 23rd and 24th (both).

> swapping 411 and 401.
> swapdev = 411, dumpdev = ffffffff.
>
>  This is a IIsi, 17mb memory, 80mb Quantum internal with
> MacOS on id 0, Epson OMD-5010 mechanism optical at id 1,
> AppleCD 300 at id 2 and Fujitsu 1.2gb drive at id 3.

Mine's an SE/30 with 20M RAM, disks at SCSI ID 0, 1, and 2, and a
CD-ROM drive at ID 6.

First I thought it was my other binaries which might be awfully out of
sync with the kernel (I haven't updated my source/binaries since July
11th or so), but ... hmm, is it, Allen?

kenn