Subject: Re: Various ramblings...
To: None <vuori@sci.fi>
From: Chris Jones <jones@cs.montana.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 08/23/1995 10:45:32
>  There's also bsdatalk,
> o AppleTalk Protocol Stack for BSD
>   http://www.cc.gatech.edu/computing/Telecomm/playground/bsdatalk.tar.gz

I couldn't find it at that location.  Could you repost it?

>  Of course, you could use uar (Unix Appletalk Router) which is a userland
> program that uses bpf to do the Appletalk thing (munnari.oz.au:/pub/mac)
> and CAP (ftp.rutgers.edu) to provide Appletalk services. A kernel/lkm
> implementation would probably be more efficient, though.

Yeah, I've tried to install uar/cap on my NetBSD/mac68k system.  It
worked for a while, and then I killed the process and restarted it and
it stopped working.  I've since mostly given it up as buggy, poorly
documented software.  Not that I'm complaining too much; you get what
you pay for...

					Chris

--
* Chris  | "Nobody likes brain alteration!"                              *