Subject: Re: IIvx/general lack of success
To: None <macbsd-general@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Thomas Bjorn Andersen <u940434@daimi.aau.dk>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 08/04/1995 13:38:04

>> The last line of text is always cut off half-way down (i.e. only the upper
>> half is visible).  It is slightly variable how many characters of the last
>> line get printed (it often stops at the first 'm').
>
>I get exactly the same symptoms.
>IIvx 8M RAM 140M Partition
>using IIvx7 kernel, booter 1.6.
>1 M VRAM.
>
>Allan suggested lowering screen resolution, but I don't think I have that
>option. Any ideas would be appreciated ( sooo close ).

I've just gotten BSD up and running on my IIvx. I used the iivx kernel from
the puma archive.

IIvx 12MB RAM 1MB VRAM, BSD installed on external 270 MB SyQuest. Using
internal video. Don't forget to turn off serial console.

By the way, does it matter which screen size I use? I was thinking about
using a 12" instead of my 14".

Only problem is I have a danish keyboard and BSD maps it to a US so I need
to have a keycaps-printout of the US keyboard layout :-)

Thomas

| Thomas Bjorn Andersen, u940434@daimi.aau.dk                |
My name is Mud, but call me Alowishus Devadander Abercrombie.
                                                 -- Primus