Subject: Re: BSD on an LCIII (hopefully)
To: None <macbsd-general@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Bob Deblier <bob@pimc.be>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 08/02/1995 08:53:21
Bill Merrill wrote:

> I have been reading the mailing lists and as much info as possible,
> and I have decided to attempt installed NetBSD on my LCIII this
> week, and I was wondering if anyone had tried it on this machine yet.
> I do have the FPU, so theoretically, it should work.  I am just curious
> if anyone has been successful :)

Nope. It doesn't work. I've grabbed the latest tarballs and MRG kernel from
Allen Brigg's machine (puma.bevd.etc...) and tried them yesterday evening.

My machine gets up to the point where it should initialize the ADB and there
it hangs.

For the technical people: my configuration:

Mac LC III with FPU, 8MB RAM, 1.4GB Hard Disk (MacOS partitioned), external
300 MB hard disk (128 A/UX 3.0 root&usr partition, 64MB swap partition,
a couple of megs eschatology - whatever that may be - and a 128 MB MacOS
partition.)

If anybody's interested, I can always mail a copy of the screen output.

Sorry for the bad news.

Bob Deblier