Subject: Re: mac system software version
To: None <macbsd-general@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Brad Salai <bsalai@servtech.com>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 07/31/1995 10:25:35
I cannot explain it, but for me:

Mac II
PMMU
FDHD ROM upgrade,
20 megs
Toby board (Apple 8 bit color set to one bit in control panel)
Samsung 1 bit full page board (Labled Cornerstone on the case)
System 7.5

I cannot get any kernal to boot unless I turn OFF Mode32 or hold down the
shift key to disable all extensions.  I only see 8 megs of memory, but a
number of the kernels work fine for me. I'm currently using the May16
version, I think (its at home and I'm not)

Brad

>On Jul 30, 11:58pm, Scott Lipcon wrote:
>>someone mentioned to me that he thought that macbsd was incompatable with
>>system 7.5.  is this true?
>
>Works for me.  Mac II/PMMU, 8MB, Sys 7.5.1, Mode32-7.5, 32-bit addressing,
>VM off, 1-bit video, extensions _on_ (albeit a limited set).
>
>>I have had trouble getting it to boot, my system isn't supported officially.
>
>Though the FAQ is old, it is still pretty accurate as to which systems it
>will run on.  Basically Mac II w/PMMU thru IIsi.  Limited documentation on
>such things as ADB and SCSI interface hinder efforts to make it run on
>later machines.
>
>> EXACTLY how should the mac side be
>>set up?  VM is OFF, 32-bit addressing is ON, monitor set for BW, booting
>>with no extensions, System 7.5, 10Mb RAM.
>>
>>any ideas?  Can I boot from a system 6.0.7 floppy and then launch booter
>>from the mac hard disk?
>
>What kind of system do you have, and what error do you get?
>
>~Steve
>

>--
>Steven R. Allen - wormey@eskimo.com      http://www.eskimo.com/~wormey/
>
>Faith is the quality that enables you to eat blackberry jam on a picnic
>without looking to see whether the seeds move.
>
>In the long run, every program becomes rococo, and then rubble.
>                -- Alan Perlis

Stephen B. "Brad" Salai                       bsalai@cyber1.servtech.com
Cumpston & Shaw                               Office (716) 325-5553
Two State Street                              Home   (716) 377-4624
Rochester, NY 14614