Subject: print to a laserwriter
To: None <macbsd-general@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Sean Sweda <sweda@us.itd.umich.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 07/31/1995 04:32:31
I was wondering if anyone had tried to print to a LaserWriter
connected serially.  Since there are so many ways to trip up on
this, I have no idea if I'm even going in the right direction.

FYI, here's the printcap entry I made:

lw|lwplus|laserwriter plus|:\
        :lp=/dev/tty00:\
        :sd=/var/spool/lpd/lwplus:\
        :lf=/var/log/lwplus-log:\
        :br=#9600:rw:fc#0000374:fs#0000003:xc#0:xs#0040040:\
        :mx#0:sf:sb:

(no idea if that's right)

started up the daemons, etc., but can't get it to print...
heh, don't even know what to use to test if the signals are
getting through...

any help would be appreciated

Sean

Sean Sweda                        :           ITD User Services Consultant
sweda@us.itd.umich.edu            :      UM Student Publications LAN Admin
http://www.umich.edu/~sweda       :
     PowerTalk email:             :           Motor City Marauders (34-44)
sean.sweda@aoce2.itd.umich.edu    :   1994 Internet Baseball League Champs