Subject: Re: trying to install current version
To: Sean Sweda <sweda@us.itd.umich.edu>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 07/19/1995 13:48:38
>  However, I *really* want ethernet capability, so I installed the
>  current binaries (ftp.eskimo.com), but when I try to boot it
>  hangs on the grf0.

Try the snapshot on
	puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us:/pub/NetBSD/snapshot
It's also on
	ftp.netbsd.org:/pub/NetBSD/arch/mac68k

I'm working on a new installation procedure for those who are
well-connected, so don't bother with these unless you have a
good reason to update.

>  p.s. I would have read the faq, but cray-ymp.acm.stuorg.vt.edu
>  seems to be down (no answer from ping)

Yeah.  The motherboard apparently got hosed during an upgrade because
the current administrators didn't check to see if it was clear of the
case before giving it power.  They shorted it out...

Allen Briggs - end killing - allen.briggs@bev.net ** MacBSD == NetBSD/mac68k **
   Where does all my time go?  <a href="http://www.netbsd.org/">Guess.</a>