Subject: MacMiNT home page / archive site
To: None <macbsd-general@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Aaron Rosenzweig <recurve@wam.umd.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 07/10/1995 23:28:03
        As you probably have guessed now by looking at the previous post
that the MacMint list is altmacos@tazboy.JPL.NASA.GOV

        There is some high spirits and people putting up to get things done
but a general lack of experience.  Again I may be out of line here and my
other posts, if I am I'm sorry.  I'm not trying to say any of these are better
than MacBSD, I'm saying that there are ways to run some form of unix on
all macs, 040, 030, and even without an fpu which is what I think a lot of
people on this list are looking for.

        Also I think we can all help each other out.

        I don't know what NED is in respect to connectix, and I think you're
right that Apple won't let us EVER have source to A/UX:(  The FX motherboard
upgrade still costs over 2 grand doesn't it?!?  Apple is stubborn.  On the
other hand the people who made "Executor" went into a clean room to disect
the Macintosh ROMs so they could make Sys 6 run on a PC, they might well
have some information we could use.

>Date: Mon, 10 Jul 95 10:24:43 PDT
>Sender: altmacos@tazboy.JPL.NASA.GOV
>From: Daniel <photo@netcom.com>
>To: recurve@wam.umd.edu
>Subject: MacMiNT home page / archive site
>
>Things are moving along well on our side.  Our sys admins are
>tremendously excited about this project are Linux users themselves with
>programming experience.  They will be responding to all of this past mail
>very shortly, in fact we are installing MacMiNT tonight on his Mac.
>
>Is anyone interested in the actual layout/design/html writing of the home
>page?  Unfortunately I am chained to the sales desk and have ALOT of
>learning to do on the side so I can keep up with the pace here, but I am
>willing.  I can make available remote administration if anyone is
>interested, i.e. a free account or something that gives you access to the
>system for administratuve purposes.
>
>Does anyone have Brad's e-mail adress?  We should send him big mail,
>although he is very likely reading this lump of mail that has been
>arriving in all of our INBOXs with a big grin on his face.
>
>Finally, what is the address of the listserv for the MacBSD group?  I
>would like to have a look at what they are talking about, try getting
>them interested in helping, solidifying efforts, getting more expierience.
>
>Would it be fruitful if we made a time during which we could have an
>interactive meeting? For example IRC or one hell of a ytalk?  There are
>18 of us actively participating in this and who knows how many people
>lurking, but it may be helpful to spend some time making decisions about
>all of the ideas we have come up.  Just an idea.
>
>Finally, as I am a newbie to MacMiNT, where is the best place to begin
>reading or researching, I have many many files that I am too unfamiliar
>with to do anything?  Any suggestions for the newbie?
>
>How about alt.macmint.info or alt.macmint.news as a news group?  We could
>start that now.  Or is there an existing corresponding news group???
>Just a bunch of thoughts.  I hope some of this is helpful.
>
>.---
>| Daniel Lipton
>|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>| Account Executive     e-mail: avoncc@pcnet.com
>|            soon to be e-mail: dmlipton@avoncc.net
>|
>| Goofy Guy             e-mail: photo@netcom.com
>|
>| Space donator to MacMiNT Revisited
>|            soon to be e-mail: dmlipton@macmint.org
>|            soon to be URL: http://www.macmint.org
>|            soon to be ftp: ftp.macmint.org
>`---
>.---
>| Soon to be denotes the InterNic is currently working on registering those
>| addresses.  When SNET finishes with our T-1 lines, all hell will break lose.
>`---

        Take care,

The bearded Tubist, son of Ginger and Harry, Aaron Rosenzweig.
http://www.wam.umd.edu/~recurve/