Subject: Re: I wonder
To: Valtteri Vuorikoski <vuori@sci.fi>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 07/10/1995 13:10:03

> Bill Studenmund has randomly hit several keys, resulting in
> > I think if we credited the authors, it should be doable. Though the FreeBSD
> > group might be a closer target since the kernels should be much more
> > compatable.
>
>  Compatible with what and why more so than NetBSD ?

Them with us. :-) Since, as I understand it, FreeBSD and NetBSD both have
strong roots in BSD 4.4-Lite, a port by one operating system to a particular
machine will be a better guide/example for the other than a port of Linux
to the same machine. Though I don't know all the differences between
4.4 BSD & SysVR4, I bet they're greater than the Free/Net BSD differences.

Take care,

Bill