Subject: Continuing fun and older kernels
To: None <macbsd-general@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <sparta@imsa.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 05/22/1995 21:38:35
Alrgith, as promised I tried different kernels and configurations..

netbsd.942595 got a little bit further w/ the serial console but
I think that this may have been due to my disabling the accelerator

netbsd_generic.31 got all the way to prompting for a shell on both
serial and real console!!!! However, it promptly hung and refused input
both ways.

netbsd10.patched did even better.  It prompted for a shell, then responded
to a return, and then it hung me totally.  There is no reason that this
cofniguration doe snot work on this machine that I can see.  All but three
of the NuBus slots are shot to heck, but that shouldn't effect anything since
the addressing for them is intact.

Perhaps if I go back to the very first source code created, it will work
flawlessly ;)

Anyway, more ideas are always appreciated.

Gene