Subject: Re: New and interesting kernel behavior
To: Brad Salai <bsalai@cyber1.servtech.com>
From: None <sparta@imsa.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 05/21/1995 20:16:33

> I have a similar setup (its working so take heart) Try disabling all the
> inits, Hold down the shift key and restart. It works for me! I understand
> that it won't work without mode 32, but I can't get it to run with it! I am
> using the 042595 kernal. Let me know if that doesn't help you

Lovely, but the only way that it even got as far as it did was to disable
extensions and the like... I really believe it would function over the
serial console ... I even have a serial thingy (thingy is a generic term
for terminal) but I can't get the UART settings right .. I think it shoud
be 19200 bps at 8N1 but that isn't working ... I'm seeing complete garbage.

Also, I'm gonna try netbsd10.patched ... that was supposedly tested on
a Mac II.

Gene