Subject: Re: New user questions: Does a FAQ exist? / booting problem
To: None <macbsd-general@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Nicholas Riley <sabi@netcom.com>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 05/18/1995 12:47:00
On Thu, 18 May 1995, Nicholas Riley wrote:

OK, I feel weird replying to my own message, but I haven't had a reply
yet...I tried getting the FAQ from cray-ymp but the machine seemed down.
However, I went through the archives of this list and lo and behold, I
found someone else with my problem.  Although I haven't been able to
solve it yet, I did learn that I had to boot in 1-bit mode and I can
provide another important fact about my system:

I have a Micron Xceed Color 30, with Grayscale 30 card, and have Virtual
Video turned on to get a 1024x512x256 gray internal display.  :-)

I tried turning off Virtual Video to get back to 512x342 physical monitor
size, but it still froze (no grey bars either).  Also tried with and
without MODE32, and with all extensions except MODE32 turned off.  In the
list archives, there were some things about a replacement kernel and gdb
file, but I didn't see where to get them, or if this problem has finally
been solved.

Also, I saw references to "dt".  What's "dt"?