Subject: MacBSD on PB180 ?
To: None <macbsd-general@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <VOSST@vxdesy.desy.de>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 05/15/1995 10:58:00
Hi,

I'd like to run MacBSD on a PB180. Unfortunately several boot attempts
failed. The kernels netbsd10 and netbsd10.patched freeze the PB180
before the display is cleared (after a message "Ser Console=0").
MRG kernels seem to get a step further. The screen is cleared and two
lines appear:

[preserving 83202 bytes of netbsd symbol table]
DEBUG: Console initialized.

That's it, now only a reset helps. I switched on the gray bar option
but did not see any gray bars. When do they normally appear ?

I followed some advices concerning: partition ordering, video and
memory settings ... nothing helps.

The internal 120 MB Quantum HD was partitioned with APS into a
50 MB root&usr, a 20 MB swap and a 50 MB HFS partition. The booter
reports SCSI error #5 at the very beginning with a comment not to
worry.

The Powerbook has 14 MB of memory. Booting with the standard 4 MB
only has the same result.

Is there somebody who runs MacBSD on a PB180 ?
Could somebody give me a hint ?
What can I try next ?

Thomas Voss,	email: vosst@desy.de