Subject: Re: Configuring Apple EtherTalk Card
To: Bao Chau Ha <bao@saigon.async.com>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 05/06/1995 14:36:58
> How do I configure the Apple EtherTalk card under MacBSD?
> I tried "ifconfig ae0 inet 192.168.0.2 netmask 0xffffff00"
> and that seems to hang the Mac.

You neglect to mention which kernel you're using with your setup.
The ethernet support in 1.0 kernels is known to be broken.

> Also, how do I fixed the screen so that the screen will
> scroll when I am at the last line in vi?  I am using the
> Radius PrecisionColor 24X if that's matter.

Use dt and set your terminal type to vt220.
I don't know if the ethernet drivers will co-exist with the Radius
cards, now.  There is a problem with the video blank interrupts
from the video cards wedging the interrupt handling code (there's
no way to shut out interrupts from a single slot).

> A dream question?  Any plan to support the Radius Rocket?

Someone has offered to loan me a rocket indefinitely.  I don't know
if that will happen or if I'll have time to work on it if it does,
but I hope to.

Allen Briggs - end killing - allen.briggs@bev.net ** MacBSD == NetBSD/mac68k **