Subject: Re: pine and mush
To: None <macbsd-general@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Paul Goyette <Paul@pgoyette.bdt.com>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 04/26/1995 18:03:41
>Has anybody gotten pine or mush to compile properly?  Pine compiles
>for me, but it doesn't save configs and it can't find the user's mail.
>Mush won't even compile.

Don't know about mush, but I got pine to compile correctly, and even
managed to make it save the user's configs!  It turns out that theres a
routine that attempts to get the size of the .pinerc file - but this
routine blindly assumes that it can take a value of type off_t (the file
size as returned from fstat) and simply assign it to a long.  Remember, the
Mac is a BigEndian machine, so assigning the first (high-order) long from
the off_t generally results in a value of zero being stored (.pinerc files
aren't very big).

I've got corrected sources available, but they're stuck in NetBSD land,
which I am in the process of restoring - my / root partition got trashed
last weekend, so I can't boot up, nor can I mount my /usr/local partition
in the Installer.  I'll post the changes here this coming weekend, if all
goes well.

| Paul Goyette            | PGP Public key available on request  |
| Paul@pgoyette.bdt.com   | Fingerprint: 0E 40 D2 FC 2A 13 74 A0 |
|                         |              E4 69 D5 BE 65 E4 56 C6 |