Subject: RE: still localtalk
To: None <macbsd-general@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ethan Gold <etgold@vaxsar.vassar.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 04/26/1995 14:24:03
I am expressly interested in localtalk since  it's the only network
available to me. ARA sets up a network connection over a modem, so you dial
into the network and get appletalk service over it. if I can ARA my unix
machine to my localtalked macos machine then I at least have some sort
limited (speed wise) service. the IDEAL would be to have the macos machine
bridge between it's ethernet and localtalk ports and then just plug the
unix box into the mac. one of the little problems is that I can't petition
to move a macIIx to BSD if it can't use it's localtalk port, but that's
another story.

                        -Ethan

        http://cssun7.vassar.edu/~etgold