Subject: Couple-o-questions
To: None <macbsd-general@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Christopher M Hudson <adrick@krypton.mankato.msus.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 04/21/1995 08:55:55
	I just installed netbsd for the first working time on my IIsi (boy, was it
easy:). During the time I've been running it, I've been rather impressed with
its speed compaired to MachTen. Its nice to be able to do things like compiling
and not visually see my modem slow down. Seeing bash exec so darn fast is also
neat. Congrats on the good job. Now comes for a few questions that I've racked
up:

   1. First, I've noticed that I don't get the infamous 'proc miss match'
      problem with ps but that I do not also get any values for memory usage
      under ps. I know that macbsd and shared libraries are neat, but I highly
      doubt that every process I run is using 0.0% of my memory:) I also tried
      compiling 'ps' from sun-lamp and I think USPACE in print.c came up
      undefined (i knew i should have writen that down) and greps for it of
      everything in /usr/include came up blank. Any suggestions?
   2. I've manged to get MacLayers working but with a problem of job control
      being disabled because of a bad ioctl setting. Normally this wouldn't
      effect me to much, but not being able to do a control-c really sucks:).
      Has anyone played around with MacLayers and know of a fix?
	3. Does the console do scroll regions? I've managed to figure out that
      doing a "bash &> /dev/console" does a semi nice job of simulating
      that the console acually works on a IIsi. Even no crashes do to
      scrolling:) But I'm not exactly sure of a valid termcap entry for it
      either, nor exactly what vt100 codes it does support. Can anyone
      fill me in?

	Thanks for any light people might be able to suggest :)

																		Chris