Subject: Re: NetBSD and PowerBook ?
To: None <sparta@imsa.edu>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 04/17/1995 15:09:08
> Quit frankely, there is very little chance that NetBSD/mac68k will ever
> work with the Powerbook.  Those machines according to apple can NEVER
> have FPUs.

Not necessarily true.  The upper-end powerbooks like the 180 have an
FPU.  Also, NetBSD/mac68k will eventually run fine w/o one.

> It's possible if Apple would give up the specs. on that machine and if the
> Alice Group had the time,

... and the machine, but you're right about the time and full hands and
all...  When I get NetBSD running on my Q700 I might entertain the idea
of getting an Apple PowerPC card for the machine and working on the
port.  Maybe...  ;-)

Allen Briggs - end killing - allen.briggs@bev.net ** MacBSD == NetBSD/mac68k **