Subject: outgoing packet problems
To: None <macbsd-general@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Chris Jones <jones@cs.montana.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 04/11/1995 15:41:01
I've already posted about this, but I had an idea/question:

I've got a IIcx with fairly new (3/6 from wormhole) binaries and
kernel, and it's networked.  However, it can't deal with sending large
packets, where "large" seems to be somewhere above ~100 characters.

Now, I've noticed from snooping around in OSF that ifconfig allows an
option to specify MTU size.  I haven't been snooping around in the
sources much, so I was wondering if someone who has could answer this
question:  How much of a pain would it be to add such a feature?
Would this be worthwhile?

How many configurations of systems have this problem?

					Chris

--
* Chris  | "Nobody likes brain alteration!"                              *