Subject: Re: Networking problems
To: Chris Jones <jones@cs.montana.edu>
From: John D. Smerdon <jds@smerdon.plymouth.mi.us>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 04/03/1995 13:29:10
At 11:46 AM 04/03/95, Chris Jones wrote:
>It seems that newlines cause my machine's network to hang.  (This is
>System:  IIcx, 20M RAM, external SCSI2 drive, Asante ethernet (don't
>remember which flavor).

I think I have noticed this problem too.  Since my ethernet is now working
again, it is the next thing that I want to look into.

I usually get it to hang by doing a `cat` of a large file or `ls -lR` of a
large directory.  Other telnet sessions connected continue to work fine.

Large FTP's from the NetBSD system never fail though.

--
John D. Smerdon;  Plymouth, Michigan, USA;  Contents are my opinion.
Home: jds@smerdon.plymouth.mi.us