Subject: Building Shared Libraries---Info Request
To: None <macbsd-general@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@libra.loral.com>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 03/13/1995 12:26:17
Presuming that one has access and can resolve the licensing stuff. . .

As I said, presuming all that, what development tools would you need to get
from a Sun3 in order to build shared libraries on MacBSD.  I know you would
need ld, ld.so, and as as a minimum.  Do you need the Sun versions of nm,
ar, or anything else as well?

Also let me ask the question the other way around, even though this is not
a Sun mail list:  If you are using gcc on a SunOS4 system what native tools
do you need to keep around in order to keep the ability to build shared
libraries?

Henry B. Hotz       hotz@libra.loral.com
               73730.2017@compuserve.com

The opinions expressed are my own,