Subject: RE: BSD&Mac networking
To: Peter Brewer <brewer@umd5.umd.edu>
From: Ethan Gold <etgold@vaxsar.vassar.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 01/29/1995 01:07:22
But I want to attach a BSD machine to a network. BSD only supports
ethernet, so A/UX won't help me. The machine that is already on the net
won't take BSD, but it has to keep macOS. can't bring down both my primary
and secondary machines at once. It seems to me that the Apple Internet
Router is overkill for most situations. If only the mac would dump IP
packets from a ppp connection only it's attached network.  The IP would
have to be wrapped up in appletalk and then just sent on it's way, as I see
it. Is there some greater complication? It's a 2-network, 2-card situation.
The hardware is there, but the OS won't handle both at once.

                                -Ethan