Subject: Re: Mac IIx Details on what happens (fwd)
To: macbsd general <macbsd-general@NetBSD.ORG>
From: mike j. laporte <mlaporte@free.org>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 01/06/1995 00:49:12

> Try moving the Toby card around. I never can remember if the first slot is
> near the drive cage, or next to the power supply. I always fill the machine
> starting at the drive cage, since a card in the slot next to the power
> supply tends to block the airflow.

I have my toby card in the slot by the drive cage on my Mac II...no problems.

> >Oh and for the record
> >dt-1.0 never works - Bus Error
>
> I never got dt to even give me any kind of error. Running it would just
> instantly freeze my Mac II.

Wow... I've never had a problem with DT on my Mac II...except when I grabbed
the wrong one. Someone had put up a hacked one on cray a while back that
didnt work.  I have a Mac II, 8 meg, 160/540(bsd).  Standard Apple 8/24
Video board with the 13 color monitor.

X works as well..

> >screen-3.5.2 is great but the control codes make its use impossible.

Screen would allways die on the make for me so I gave up seeing as
how dt worked.

--mike