Subject: Alright! It Works!
To: None <macbsd-general@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Stan Shebs <shebs@cygnus.com>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 12/29/1994 18:29:18
Just a note that I was able to boot MacBSD (netbsd10.patched) on my IIci,
once I removed my old 8.24 GC card and used internal video instead.  Just
as a point of information, the symptom is that you get (using Booter 1.4)
is that the "Bye-bye..." message followed by SerConsole=0 appears, but
everything is frozen, presumably because the booting process is merrily
writing to unused vram.  This is probably worth mentioning in the FAQ.

I also noticed, when running the installer, that twice it stopped at a
user break (not sure where), but continuing didn't work.  Rebooting and
rerunning, the installer worked fine and finished.

Glitches aside, it's very exciting!  I tried all sorts of commands,
ran compiler and debugger, and it did everything right, and at reasonable
speeds!  X11 is next...

I have an actual use in mind, namely as my Unix box at home, but this
brings up the question of file transfer in/out of MacBSD.  What are
my options right now, and what are people actively working on?  Is
there a way to use the floppy drive perhaps?

							Stan